|Location:||Abu-Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
Hydraulic Engineer will focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety
through safety engineering practices.
• Review and provide technical approval on bids and tenders.
• Participate in technical clarifications /discussions
• Preparation of work pack technical content
Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
o Review & Provide Technical Approval on Bids and Tenders
o Participate in Technical Clarifications / Discussions
o Conduct Site Survey as and when required for Service & design enquiries.
o Review design brief and customer specifications
o Generate conceptual design in response to customer enquiries
o Ensure accurate Cost / Time forecast on Projects / Service
o Develop final design to meet customer order requirements
o Perform design calculations and technical analyses
o Generate detail design drawings and bills of material
o Prepare work instructions for manufacture
o Prepare procedures for in-house and witnessed testing
o Liaise with customers and other departments on technical issues
o Ensure timely resolution of all technical problems
o Monitor progress from receipt of order to dispatch
o Log appropriate information in NAV system
o Carry out on-site investigations and report findings
o Report and document the activities carried out in line with the documentation requirements of the company.
o Ensure all transactions are carried out in compliance with the applicable standards, Company Quality (ISO) procedures and provide advice to the QHSE Department of any non-conformance issues.
o Follow necessary safety regulations, applicable work instructions, operating procedures, method statements, etc. as required, in carrying out the jobs. Use proper PPEs, spares, tools, equipment and accessories to the optimum utility.
o Careful handling and preservation of customer equipment and accessories. Report all incidents, accidents, near-misses, unsafe conditions and acts to the supervisors/Safety Officer.
o Comply with all occupational health, safety and environmental procedures of both the company and of client while working.
o Provide on-the-job training to customers and new & existing department staff members
o Installation and commissioning support if required
o Technical Support to MEC Region (on approval from Line Manager)
o Attain customer satisfaction through value added products /solutions
· University Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or an equivalent qualification).
· Experience working in or planning projects to be undertaken in an offshore environment.
· Exposure to Oil & Gas, Offshore and Manufacturing environments.
· Computer Literate in MS Office Packages.
Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
· Minimum 5 Years’ Experience in Design & Build / Servicing of Hydraulic Equipment
· Good organizational skills, capable of working with less supervision
· Proficient in MS office (outlook, word, excel and power point)
Required for position:
· Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
· Strong customer relations experience
· Demonstrable method of monitoring and tracking sales effort
· Good industry network