• Mechanical Engineering (or Diploma with reasonable experience).
• 8-10 years’ work experience in offshore lifting equipment operation and maintenance, at least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Must have excellent leadership skills and be able to motivate staff for team work.
• Shall have LEEA-UK qualifications “Entry Exam” and 4 day Appointed Person (Supervisor) course by approved Company Training Company.
• Shall have COMPANY approved training company certification.
• Good in English language (reading, writing and communication skills).
• Familiar with the use of computerized maintenance management systems such as Maximo.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office programs.
• Crane Foreman on Al-Hyleh Barge shall have received suitable training to carryout re-termination of the anchor & towing bridle retrieval winch wires & when required (Resin lock sockets).
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Assign, Direct and manage Crane maintenance teams, to ensure specified tasks are performed efficiently, fulfilling the required standards.
• Direct and carry out the preventive tasks as per schedule for the proper upkeep of the equipment. Assess PM/CM/BK outcomes and failures to update PM scope.
• Plan and manage all predictive maintenance activities on all lifting equipment, in close consultation with line Team Leader in order to execute in a safe, effective, efficient and economical manner.
• Preparation & planning of Major inspection & overhauling for WHPTs MAPE cranes, gantry cranes & Power packs and monitor efficient and timely completion of the works.
• Draft, plan work orders and prepare for planned Major shutdown activities in corporate maintenance management system (MAXIMO) and in close liaison with line Team Leaders to determine priorities in order to prepare a detailed work schedule and minimize downtime and cost.
• Identify & analyze chronic problems, breakdowns and malfunctions in order to perform effective remedial actions to minimize potential impacts on safety, environments and production operations; including arranging spares, special tools and material requirements directing the team accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant personnel in Production, Safety & other Departments to obtain PTW, risk assessment, safe job analysis, tool box talks & Transportation as per the activity requirement.
• Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation is completed correctly, Prepare regular work reports and specific technical reports when required. and maintain record of all maintenance activities for easy access to any internal and external auditors and surveyors.
• Identify and evaluate critical asset spares inventory, consumables and special tools. initiate purchase requisitions as required to support and secure the operation requirements, consulting with line Team Leader.
• Follow up obsolete spare parts, check availability or equivalent and retrofit/upgrade/replacement of obsolete spares.
• Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques. Identify staff development and training needs and ensure that training is obtained and appraise their performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Follow up Development program of UAE Nationals Developees and regularly assesse them.
• Maintain a high level of HSE awareness and to continue with Risk assessments, toolbox talks, monthly safety meetings & HSE observations and to fully comply with all HSE requirements.
• Acting as Lifting Team Leader during the absence of Team Leader.
• Initiates the Work Permit by entering the necessary details, Receive it and comply with its requirements.
• Shall be fully aware and understand all relevant regulations and procedures of PTW system.
• In the event of an emergency, ensuring that the work is suspended, the worksite is left in a safe condition, all sources of ignition have been extinguished and all machinery has been switched off.
• Ensure incidents are correctly reported to enables the correction of the situation and helps prevent similar future occurrences.