Rigging Storeman shall be able to read and write English fluently, they shall be experienced, fully trained and wholly competent in the inspection of rigging equipment and rigging duties associated with offshore crane operations & shall:
• A minimum 21 years of age.
• Educated to a minimum qualification of higher secondary school certificate or equivalent qualification.
• Have a minimum of 5 years offshore experience.
• Shall be trained and be assessed every 2 years through Company qualified assessor approved by COMPANY.
• Competent by approved Company TPA skills assessor against the criteria for Level 3 rigging competency.
• Competent by approved Company TPA skills assessor against the criteria for Banksman/Signaler competency.
• Technical background associated and has familiarity with all types of lifting equipment.
• Knowledge of computerized system in Material field.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office and Maximo.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Exercise overall control on the receipt, identification, inspection, storage, preservation and issue of a wide variety of loose lifting tackle, material, equipment and spare parts required for all types of rigging & lifting operations at COMPANY Facilities.
• Physically carry out inspection and service all rigging tackle prior to reissuing rigging tackle
• Coordinate, control and supervise the issuing/delivery of materials as requested by all departments to cover all rigging & lifting operational areas.
• Establish and organize the material movement, control and distribution for the respective projects compatible with the established standards and procedure to fall in line with project requirements
• Formulates Bar Charts for all materials supply and project activities including the preparation of material status reports.
• Plan the requirement of materials for rigging store (loose lifting equipment) annual budget.
• Ensures safe working practices at the rigging stores, for handling materials.
• To ensure strict observance to rigging store procedure related to material movement functional activities with the responsibility to perform and carrying out stock accounts transactions of daily issues and returns.
• To control day-to-day routine work of the Store activities.
• To provide daily, weekly reports on matters, which are very critical concerning the movement, condition, availability of loose lifting tackle.
• Identify and evaluate critical asset spares inventory, consumables and special lifting equipment tools. Initiate purchase requisitions as required to support and secure the operation requirements, consulting with the operational deck foreman.
• Prepare for statutory inspections such as half yearly, yearly and quadrennial inspections, assists the dedicated inspectors and perform all required jobs related to these inspections. Ensures that all corrective actions related to statutory inspections are carried out without any delay and coordinates with other trades for implementation of same.
• Maintain a high level of HSE awareness and to continue with Risk assessments, toolbox talks, monthly safety meetings & HSE observations and to fully comply with all HSE requirements.
• Keeps a proper filling of certificates for all lifting equipment and loose gears. Coordinates with Inspection Services for any certification of new equipment and statutory inspection certificates.
• Maintain materials (loose lifting gears) properly and update in material inventory system on daily basis. To arrange materials (loose lifting gears) for corrective, preventive and break down jobs.
• Maintain Daily maintenance & work activities report to update in MAXIMO. Always plan and maintain minimum quantity of all necessary items required for normal lifting activities and consumables for day to day activities.