|Location:||Abu-Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
· Rigging Foreman shall be able to read and write English fluently, they shall be experienced, fully trained and wholly competent in the rigging duties associated with offshore and onshore crane operations & shall:
· At least 30 years of age and above.
· Have LEEA-UK Qualifications “Entry Exam” and 2 day Rigging Foreman course by approved Company Training Company.
· Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an offshore and onshore experience and a minimum of 3 years in similar position.
· Competent by approved Company TPA skills assessor against the criteria for Level 3 rigging competency.
· Have adequate training and hands on professional experience and be competent to act as an Appointed Person for lifting equipment.
· Shall be able to write Lifting plans, supervise and execute critical lifting offshore.
· Familiar with international standards related to Lifting engineering practices with sufficient knowledge in interpretation
· All Rigging Foreman shall be trained and be assessed every 3 years through theoretical examinations by suitably trained/ certified and qualified assessor approved by COMPANY.
· The Rigging Foreman shall also have adequate understanding of the capabilities and limitations of each crane with regard to offshore operations.
· The CONTRACTOR shall ensure certificates of training/competency for the Rigging Foreman are maintained, up to date and submitted to COMPANY for approval.
· Rigging Foreman who has not worked on the COMPANY’s platforms shall undertake sufficient time to familiarize themselves with the specific operating procedures under the supervision of the CONTRACTOR prior to commencing lifting operations.
· Rigging Foreman shall co-operate fully with COMPANY personnel and all other personnel under contract to COMPANY in carrying out any other duties deemed to be within his competence e.g. Maintenance of any other type of lifting equipment as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Be responsible for coordinating CONTRACTOR’s Riggers to conduct all vessel lifts and those on the platform as directed by the Crane Supervisor, or COMPANY personnel.
· Rigging Foreman must ensure that persons under their supervision involved in or in the area where materials handling operations are being conducted:
· Are trained in the techniques required for the safe execution of their work.
· Only use equipment that has been inspected and certified in accordance with Company requirements.
· Do not try to manually handle an article beyond their physical capability to manage.
· Understand and follow procedures and Code of Practices.
· Shall be responsible for the management of COMPANY owned and supplied loose lifting equipment.
· Be conversant with loose lifting equipment rigging loft management procedures i.e. maintain a lifting equipment data base & issuance register consisting of the following:
Ø Inventory of equipment.
Ø Test certificate.
Ø Damage loss report register.
Ø Booking in & out sheets detailing the name of person using equipment, date of issue, description etc.
· In line with COMPANY’s Bi-annual lifting equipment campaign assist TPI with inspection & re-certification of lifting equipment.
· Maintain loose lifting equipment in a safe and operable condition.
· Carry out pre use inspection of loose lifting equipment.
· Carry out minor repairs to loose lifting equipment i.e. repair of safety catches.
· Carry out Banking/Signalman duties as and when required.
· Prepare lifting plans for routine up to non-routine simple lifting operations.
· Plan and risk assess all routine up to non-routine simple crane lifting operations associated with the day-to-day running of the COMPANY platforms.
· Are aware of the hazards associated with, and on the perimeter of their work area.
· Supervise all lifting operation on COMPANY platforms, including non-routine complex lifts once approved by Integrity Division.
· Complete reports, lifting operation risk assessments, logs and other documentation, as required.
· Have sufficient general engineering knowledge of loose lifting equipment to carry out daily inspection routines.
· Assist Crane Operator Maintainer & Maintainers in carrying out routine crane lubrication duties in accordance with specified lubrication schedules.
· Assist in maintaining the cranes in a clean and tidy condition, including cabs, machinery housing and external surfaces.
· Assist CONTRACTOR’s Crane maintenance personnel in performance of routine maintenance, repair activities and equipment change-out.
· Carry out platform emergency duties under the direction of nominated personnel.
· Be multi-skilled in other platform duties including operating of firefighting equipment and undertaking fire standby and deck duties, when required.