• Hold as minimum a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering of 3 years or equivalent. (B.Sc., in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent).
• Shall have LEEA-UK qualifications “Entry Exam” and 4 day Appointed Person (Supervisor) course by approved Company Training Company.
• Have relevant oil & gas offshore and onshore lifting related experience of not less than 5 years in the same area of application.
• Be able to write Lifting plans, create, review and revise lifting operation plan/procedures (LOP), and risk assessments for all lifting operation categories (routine, simple complicated & complex lift), supervise and execute critical lifting.
• Be able to design and prepare drawings for all types of lifting plans categories and procedures in line with Company standards and requirements.
• Operational use and awareness of Lifting Equipment Regulations, and all relevant COMPANY Codes/Standards for Inspection and Certification requirements.
• Provide support to Contract Support Engineer / Company Lifting Team
• Provide weekly report to COMPANY representatives for updated status of work carried out during the week.
• Prepare and maintain spare lists for all the equipment offshore Follow up obsolete spare parts, check availability or equivalent and retrofit/upgrade/replacement of obsolete spares in concurrence with OEM.
• Conduct offshore surveys and write work scope procedures for major maintenance, upgrades and modifications.
• Identify & analyze reoccurring problems, breakdowns and malfunctions in order to perform effective remedial actions and trend reporting to minimize potential impacts on safety, environments and production operations.
• Prepare Implementation Work Packs, including risk assessments, procedures and implementation project plans.
• Focal point for major maintenance, co-ordination, report writings, troubleshooting etc…
• Co-ordinate and manage procurement and inspections/tests at sub-contractors facilities for onshore refurbishments
• Prepare close out reports and inspection reports for all onshore refurbishments.
• Compile and prepare close out and inspection reports for all offshore refurbishments.
• Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation is completed correctly, Prepare regular work reports and specific technical reports when required and maintain record of all maintenance activities for easy access to any internal and external auditors and surveyors.
• Carry out condition evaluation surveys and prepare reports for vessels, barges, rigs etc… as designated by CONTRACTOR OFFSHORE.
• Conduct offshore surveys for preparation of lifting plans
• Prepare lifting plans, method statements, detailed drawings and procedures for component installation, removal.
• Prepare risk assessments for complicated and complex lifting plans and procedures, method statements.
• Availability, Reliability tracking & reporting.
• Periodical visit to CONTRACTOR Offshore Stores to physically inspect condition / preservation of critical spares.
• Assist CONTRACTOR Offshore Crane & lifting Engineer in preparing study reports
• Root cause analysis of failed lifting equipment components.
• Initiate Facility Change Requirements related to Lifting Equipment in consultation with OEM “as applicable” for Company review and approval.
• Be available 24/7 at all times when delegated to cover the Contractor Representative role.