· Production of design concepts and schemes, the approval of associated drawings mechanical and structural drawings, using CAD. (mainly AutoCAD)
· Analysing historical and current maintenance data and revaluating old design to current specifications· Preparation of detailed reports (FEED submissions, work packs) and mechanical maintenance procedures.
· Concept design, specification and installation of new build equipment.
· Undertake client visits to support specific projects as required – this could include international travel and/or offshore visits
· Management of offshore workforce on projects. Interact between workforce and client management.
· Investigation of equipment and component failures.
· Technical writing of reports, manuals and procedures for project and maintenance activities. Perform risk assessments for field work. Compile work packages
· Provide technical assistance to onshore and offshore maintenance personnel as required
· Preparation of draft invoices for reimbursable work carried out by Engineering Dept
· To log and control all Eng. Dept resource manhours and assign to client / project accounts as appropriate in an auditable manner
· Preparation and co-ordination of specialist tooling for field operatives
· Production of structural design calculations, co-ordination and control preparation and issue of all engineering drawings, technical documents.
· Adhering to company and client document control standards, ensuring consistent checking/approval of drawings and data
· Project reporting and liaison with the client
· Approval of installation and test procedures. Checking delivery of finished product and related
· Assist other department personnel in ongoing manufacture and maintenance projects as required.Undertake customer and vendor visits in support of specific projects or business development as and when required. Some International travel is expected along with offshore visits